FIRST IN INDIA (MALE & FEMALE)
FIRST IN INDIA (MALE & FEMALE)
1. The first President of Indian Republic – Dr. Rajendra Prasad
2. The first Prime Minister of free India – Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru
3. The first Indian to win Nobel Prize – Rabindranath Tagore
4. The first President of Indian National Congress – W.C. Banerjee
5. The first Muslim President of Indian National Congress – BadruddinTayyabji
6. The first Muslim President of India – Dr. Zakir Hussain
7. The first British Governor General of India – Lord William Bentinck(1833-1835)
8. The first British Governor General of Bengal – Lord Warren Hasting(1774-1885)
9. The first British Viceroy of India – Lord Canning
10. The first Governor General of free India – Lord Mountbatten
11. The first and the last Indian to be Governor General of free India – C. Rajgopalachari
12. The first man who introduced printing press in India -James Hicky
13. The first Indian to join the I.C.S – Satyendra Nath Tagore
14. India’ s first man in Space – Rakesh Sharma
15. The first Prime Minister of India who resigned without completing the full term – Morarji Desai
16. The first Indian Commander-in-Chief of India – General Cariappa
17. The first Chief of Army Staff – Gen. Maharaj Rajendra Singhji
18. The first Indian Member of the Viceroy’s executive council – S.P.Sinha
19. The first President of India who died while in office – Dr. Zakhir Hussain
20. The first Muslim President of Indian Republic – Dr. Zakhir Hussain
21. The first Prime Minister of India who did not face the Parliament – Charan Singh
22. The first Field Marshal of India – S.H.F. Manekshaw
23. The first Indian to get Nobel Prize in Physics – C.V.Raman
24. The first Indian to receive Bharat Ratna award – Dr. Radhakrishnan
25. The first Indian to cross English Channel – Mihir Sen
26. The first Person to receive Jnanpith award – Sri Shankar Kurup
27. The firs Speaker of the Lok Sabha – Ganesh Vasudeva Mavalankar
28. The first Vice-President of India – Dr. Radhakrishnan
29. The first Education Minister – Abdul Kalam Azad
30. The first Home minister of India – Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel
31. The first Indian Air Chief Marshal – S. Mukherjee
32. The first Indian Naval Chief Vice Admiral – R.D. Katari
33. The first Judge of International Court of Justice – Dr. Nagendra Singh
34. The first person to reach Mt. Everest without oxygen -Sherpa Anga Dorjee
35. The first person to get Param Vir Chakra – Major Somnath Sharma
36. The first Chief Election Commissioner – Sukumar Sen
37. The first person to receive Magsaysay Award – Acharya Vinoba Bhave
38. The first person of Indian origin to receive Nobel Prize in Medicine – Hargovind Khurana
39. The first Chinese traveller to visit India – Fahein
40. The first person to receive Stalin Prize – Saifuddin Kitchlu
41. The first person to resign from the Central Cabinet – Shyama Prasad Mukherjee
42. The first person to receive Nobel Prize in Economics – Amartya Sen
43. The first Chief Justice of Supreme Court Justice – Hirala J. Kania
44. The first Indian Pilot – J.R.D. Tata (1929)
1. The first lady to become Miss World – Rita Faria
2. The first woman judge in Supreme Court – Mrs. Meera Sahib Fatima Bibi
3. The first woman Ambassador – Miss C.B. Muthamma
4. The first woman Governor of a state in free India – Mrs Sarojini Naidu
5. The first woman Speaker of a State Assembly – Shanno Devi
6. The first woman Prime Minister – Mrs Indira Gandhi
7. The first woman Minister in a Government – Rajkumari Amrit Kaur
8. The first woman to climb Mount Everest – Bachhendri Pal
9. The first woman to climb Mount Everest twice – Santosh Yadav
10. The first woman President of Indian National Congress – Mrs Annie Besant
11. The first woman pilot in Indian Air Force – Harita Kaur Dayal
12. The first woman Graduates – Kadambini Ganguly and Chandramukhi Basu, 1883
13. The first woman Airline Pilot – Durba Banerjee
14. The first woman Honours Graduate – Kamini Roy, 1886
15. The first woman Olympic medal Winner – Karnam Malleswari, 2000
16. The first woman Asian Games Gold Medal Winner -Kamlijit Sandhu
17. The first woman Lawyer – Cornelia Sorabjee
18. The first woman President of United Nations General Assembly – Mrs Vijaya Laxmi Pandit
19.The first woman Chief Minister of an Indian State – Mrs Sucheta Kripalani
20. The first woman Chairman of Union Public Service Commission – Roze Millian Bethew
21. The first woman Director General of Police – Kanchan Chaudhary Bhattacharya
22. The first woman Judge – Anna Chandy (She became judge in a district court in 1937)
23. The first woman Cheif Justice of High Court – Mrs Leela Seth (Himachal Pradesh High Court)
24. The first woman Judge in Supreme Court of India – Kumari Justice M. Fathima Beevi
25. The first woman Lieutenant General – Puneeta Arora
26. The first woman Air Vice Marshal – P. Bandopadhyaya
27. The first woman chairperson of Indian Airlines – Sushma Chawla
28. The first woman IPS officer – Mrs. Kiran Bedi
29. The first and last Muslim woman ruler of India – Razia Sultan
30. The first woman to receive Ashoka Chakra – Nirja Bhanot
31. The first woman to receive Jnanpith Award – Ashapurna Devi
32. The first woman to cross English Channel – Aarti Saha
33. The first woman to receive Nobel Prize – Mother Teresa
34. The first woman to receive Bharat Ratna – Mrs Indira Gandhi
35. The first woman to receive Jnanpith Award – Ashpurna Devi
First Recipients of Important Awards in India
Bharat Ratna :
• 1st Indian to be awarded the Bharat Ratna: C Rajagopalachari who was the last Governor-General of India.
• 1st person to be awarded the Bharat Ratna posthumously: Lal Bahadur Shastri who was the Second Prime Minister of the Republic of India.
• 1st woman to be awarded the Bharat Ratna: Indira Priyadarshini Gandhi who was the fourth Prime Minister of India.
• 1st Bharat Ratna Awardee to become the President of India: Dr. S. Radhakrishnan who was the first Vice President of India and the second President of India from 1962 to 1967.
• 1st Scientist to be awarded the Bharat Ratna: CV Raman who won the Nobel Prize in Physics.
Gallantry Awards :
• 1st winner of Param Vir Chakra – Major Somnath Sharma: Major Som Nath Sharma, (1923–1947) was the first recipient of the Param Vir Chakra. He was awarded the medal posthumously for his bravery in the Kashmir operations in November 1947.
• 1st and only Air Force person to receive the Param Vir Chakra – Flying Officer Nirmaljit Shekhon was posthumously awarded the Param Vir Chakra in recognition of his lone defence of Srinagar Air Base against a PAF air raid during the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971.
• 1st and only woman to receive the Ashoka Chakra – Neerja Bhanot (1987) who was murdered while saving passengers from terrorists on board the hijacked Pan Am, Flight 73 on 5 September 1986. Posthumously, she became the youngest recipient of India’s highest peacetime military award for bravery, the Ashok Chakra.
In Science Field
• 1st person to receive Nobel prize for Physics: William K Roentgen who, produced and detected electromagnetic radiation in a wavelength range known as X-rays or Röentgen rays in 1895.
• 1st woman to receive the Nobel prize: Madame Curie (1903) was the first woman to win a Nobel Prize, the first person and only woman to win twice, the only person to win twice in multiple sciences, and was part of the Curie family legacy of five Nobel Prizes. She was also the first woman to become a professor at the University of Paris, and in 1995 became the first woman to be entombed on her own merits in the Panthéon in Paris. LITERARY AWARDS
• 1st Indian woman (and also first Indian citizen) to receive the Booker prize: Arundhati Roy who is best known for her novel The God of Small Things (1997), which won the Man Booker Prize for Fiction in 1997.
• 1st Indian to receive the Pulitzer prize (Reporting category): Gobind Behari Lal became the first Indian to win the Pulitzer Prize ( 1937) and he got Padma Bhushan in 1969.
• 1st recipient of Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award : Viswanathan Anand became India’s first grandmaster in 1988.
• 1st woman recipient of Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award: Karnam Malleshwari is the first Indian woman to win an Olympic medal.
• 1st cricketer to be awarded the Arjuna Award: Salim Durrani who was the first cricketer to win an Arjuna Award.
First in India
0 of 15 questions completed
Time : 00:07:00
Good luck !!!
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 15 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Good job ! Take another test.
Not bad. Keep practicing.
You need to work hard. Take the lesson and try again. Good luck!
Question 1 of 15
The first President of India :
Question 2 of 15
The first Prime Minister of free India :
Question 3 of 15
Who was the first Indian to win Nobel Prize ?
Question 4 of 15
India’s first man in Space :
Question 5 of 15
Who was the first Prime Minister of India who resigned without completing the full term ?
Question 6 of 15
The first person to get Param Vir Chakra :
Question 7 of 15
The first Home minister of India :
Question 8 of 15
The first Indian to become Miss World :
Question 9 of 15
The first Indian woman to climb Mount Everest twice :
Question 10 of 15
The first woman to receive Nobel Prize :
Question 11 of 15
First recipient of Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award :
Question 12 of 15
First woman recipient of Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award :
Question 13 of 15
First Indian citizen to receive the Booker prize :
Question 14 of 15
First woman to receive the Ashoka Chakra is Neerja Bhanot :
Question 15 of 15
Who was the first British Governor General of India ?